It’s hot outside. Unbearably hot. If you’re a truck driver, you know just how unbearable the summer heat can be. Especially when your truck doesn’t have air conditioning. But don’t worry – we’ve got some tips to help you stay cool and comfortable in the summer heat. Keep reading for our best tips on how to beat the heat!
How to stay cool in the summer heat as a truck driver
- Drink plenty of fluids daily, including water. 64 ounces of water per day is the general rule of thumb, but listen to your body too, as you might need slightly more or less than that. Series of downing a large glass of water all at once can be overwhelming for your stomach, so break it up into smaller sips throughout the day.
- When it’s hot out, make sure to slow down and take breaks often. It’s important to stay hydrated and avoid overheating. If you’re feeling tired or dizzy, find a cool spot and take a few minutes to rest.
- Whenever possible, park in the shade. This will help keep your truck cool and prevent it from overheating.
- Visors and sunshades not only protect your eyes from harmful UV rays, but can also help prevent your face from getting too much sun. While everyone needs some sun exposure to produce vitamin D, too much sun can cause skin damage, wrinkles, and even cancer. So next time you head outdoors, be sure to grab a sunshade or visor to help keep yourself safe and healthy while you’re driving. Also, don’t forget the sunscreen.
- To keep your cab cool, use air conditioning or fans. Both will help to regulate the temperature in the space and keep you comfortable while you’re on the road.
- The sun can be incredibly harsh, especially during the summer months. Wearing light-colored clothing is a great way to reflect its heat and keep cool. Some fabrics are even specially made to provide extra protection from the sun’s harmful rays.
Summer is a great time to be a truck driver. The weather is warm and the roads are clear. However, there are a few things you can do to stay cool in the summer heat. Follow these tips and you’ll be able to enjoy your summer drive without breaking a sweat. Thanks for reading!
Looking to join an amazing team? Roeder Cartage Co. Inc. has a family atmosphere, offers great pay and regular training for all our drivers. If you’re interested in working for our team, check out our careers page today.