Truckers, autumn is in the air and with it brings a change in weather. As we all know, when the weather changes so do the conditions on the road. This season is a great time to review some fall maintenance tips to help keep your truck safe and running smoothly through whatever Old Man Winter throws your way. Stay safe out there!
Fall maintenance tips for truckers
- Clean your truck’s windshield and windows. If you want to keep your windshield clear and free from bugs, it’s important that you wash them regularly. It is also necessary for safety reasons since dirt can accumulate on the glass which may make driving confusing or difficult at times as well as increase risk of an accident with another vehicle.
- Inspect your tires for wear and tear. It’s important to have your tires inspected for wear and tear once a year. This will ensure that they’re in good condition, which could save you from getting an accident or having dangerous punctures while driving on roads with poor conditions like wet pavements!
- Check fluid levels and top them off as necessary. Make sure the fluid levels in your car are topped off if necessary. You should do this about twice a month or when you notice they’re low, depending on how often you drive and what type of commute it is where you live!
- Change your oil and filter! It’s so important to do this regularly, but many people forget. The regular maintenance will keep you engine running smoothly for years with minimum hassle or cost in repairs down the road if done now.
- Wipe down the dashboard and interior of your truck. Wipe down your truck’s dashboard and interior to keep it clean. A vehicle can be a major investment, so you want the best care for it. You should regularly wash both exterior surfaces as well as vacuum out any crumbs or dirt from under seats!
- Vacuum the seats, carpets, and floor mats. Vacuum the car and you’ll be able to spot any dirt or crumbs before they can do too much damage. For best results, use a handheld Vac with attachments that are designed for spills – these have extra-long power cables so it’s easy clean up after yourself!
Fall is a great time to review truck safety tips and make sure your truck is ready for the changing weather conditions. Make sure you are taking precautions to keep yourself and your truck safe on the road this winter.
Looking to join an amazing team? Roeder Cartage Co. Inc. has a family atmosphere, offers great pay and regular training for all our drivers. If you’re interested in working for our team, check out our careers page today.