Are you interested in getting into the trucking industry? It’s a great way to make a living, and there are plenty of opportunities for advancement. Here’s how to get started.
The first thing you should know about getting into the trucking industry is that every company has its own expectations for new hires. You might be hired as an owner-operator, put on salary, or just given loads to haul and paid by the mile. Some companies may expect you to have previous experience driving trucks before they hire you, but most will prefer applicants with no prior experience over experienced drivers who don’t meet their requirements. The easiest way to find out what kind of driver they’re looking for is to call up their corporate office and speak to their recruiter or HR department for more information.
Tips on How to get started in the trucking industry
- Research the trucking industry and learn about the different types of trucking jobs available
- Take a commercial driver’s education course to prepare for the CDL test
- Pass your CDL test and get your commercial driver’s license
- Start looking for trucking jobs that fit your skills and interests
- Get on the road and start making money!
If you are interested in getting into the trucking industry, we have some great information for you. There are many opportunities for advancement within this field with low barriers to entry and a fair amount of job stability.
Looking to join an amazing team? Roeder Cartage Co. Inc. has a family atmosphere, offers great pay and regular training for all our drivers. If you’re interested in working for our team, check out our careers page today.