Semi drivers have a unique and important job. They keep America moving by transporting goods and materials all over the country. But there are some things every semi driver should know in order to be safe and successful on the road. Here are the top six things you need to know before hitting the open road.
The top six things every semi driver should know
- The most important thing to remember when driving a semi is to always be aware of your surroundings. When driving a semi, always be aware of your surroundings. You are responsible for not only yourself but also any other driver on the road so it is important that you pay close attention at all times!
- Always obey the speed limit – you’re not only putting yourself at risk, but other drivers as well
- Make sure you know how to properly maneuver a semi in tight spaces. You can never be too careful when you’re driving a large vehicle, especially one that’s as maneuverable and space-efficient. The right knowledge will help avoid trouble in tight spaces or on narrow roads where other drivers may not expect YOU to fit!
- When making a turn, make sure you have plenty of space and that there are no obstacles in your path.
- Use your blinkers and horn sparingly – they can quickly become annoying if used too often. It’s easy to get carried away with using your blinkers and horn, but they are a great way of drawing attention if used correctly. If you use them too often or erratically it will become annoying for others around – so just find that balance where people can see how much fun driving is when done right!
- Keep an eye on your fuel level and make sure to fill up when necessary. You don’t want to end up in a position where you’re struggling for gas and unable make your appointment. Make sure the tank is always full before leaving so there’s no chance of running out!
As a semi driver, it’s important to be well-informed and up-to-date on the latest safety regulations, changes in traffic laws, and tips for avoiding accidents. By following these six simple tips, you can help keep America moving while keeping yourself safe behind the wheel. Safe travels!
Looking to join an amazing team? Roeder Cartage Co. Inc. has a family atmosphere, offers great pay and regular training for all our drivers. If you’re interested in working for our team, check out our careers page today.