As a truck driver, you spend most of your time on the road. This can be tough on your body, especially if you don’t exercise regularly. Luckily, there are plenty of opportunities to get in a workout at truck stops. From walking around the lot to using the fitness center, there are plenty of ways to stay active. Keep reading for more tips on how to stay fit while on the road.
Tips for Exercising at Truck Stops
- Keep a small set of dumbbells in your truck
- Have a pair of sneakers in your truck
- Bring a yoga mat with you on all trips, as well as any other exercise equipment that might be needed
- Pack protein bars or nuts for snacks while traveling
- Consider getting an annual membership at your destination’s gym before leaving home so you don’t have to pay every time you want to work out. Some 24 hours gyms have options to use their facilities in different states.
One of the major disadvantages to truck driving is that you are not always near a gym. That means when your schedule allows for it, or if you get tired of eating at restaurants all day, exercising becomes difficult. However, there are some simple ways you can stay in shape while on the road and avoid an unhealthy lifestyle just because your job requires extended periods away from home. If you’re interested in learning more about how to exercise effectively while traveling as a truck driver we invite you to contact us today and we’ll be happy to answer any questions!
Looking to join an amazing team? Roeder Cartage Co. Inc. has a family atmosphere, offers great pay and regular training for all our drivers. If you’re interested in working for our team, check out our careers page today.