How many times have you been out on the road, driving in miserable conditions, and thought to yourself “why did I get into this business”? Well, we’ve all been there. Trucking in the rain can be treacherous, but with a few simple tips you can stay safe and get where you’re going. In today’s blog post we’ll share some of our best advice for truckers driving in wet weather. Stay safe out there!
Trucking in the Rain: Tips and tricks to help you stay safe
- Slow down and be extra cautious when driving in wet conditions
- Keep your distance from other vehicles – it’s harder to stop or turn when the roads are wet
- Use your headlights, even during the day, to help you see and be seen by other drivers
- Watch out for hydroplaning – if your tires start to ride on top of the water, slow down and let off the gas until you regain control
- If you start to slide, take your foot off the brake and steer in the direction you want to go
- Always carry a roadside emergency kit in case of an accident or breakdown
While driving in bad weather can be frustrating and dangerous, following a few simple tips can help keep you safe. By being prepared for the worst and using common sense while on the road, you can make your journey a little smoother. Remember to drive slowly, give yourself plenty of time to get where you’re going, and use caution when passing other vehicles. If you do find yourself in a tricky situation, remember to stay calm and take your time making decisions. With a bit of preparation and patience, you can safely navigate even the worst storms. Have any tips of your own to share?
Looking to join an amazing team? Roeder Cartage Co. Inc. has a family atmosphere, offers great pay and regular training for all our drivers. If you’re interested in working for our team, check out our careers page today.